Thursday, July 24, 2008

Japanese Chicken Salad


Salad:
2 c. diced, cooked chicken (or you can use less, if you're a chronic penny-pincher, like me)
1 bag coleslaw mix (or use your own shredded cabbage)

2 oz. slivered almonds
1 pkg. ramen noodles, crumbled (I use chicken flavored)

Dressing:
1 pkg. seasoning (from ramen noodle package)
1/2 c. oil (I use canola)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. vinegar

Combine salad ingredients in bowl; marinate in combined dressing ingredients overnight. Delicious, easy, and refreshing on these hot summer days! (Even my 15-month-old loves this!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari!
Thanks for this recipe. We have a pretty large family(8 with 4 teen boys) so I added another pack of noodles, a few more fine chopped veggies and extra italian dressing to moisten. It's fabulous, and so quick and easy for these hot summer days!

Christal Zerr